Steps to Apply for International Students
- Submit an application for admission. You may apply online or download an application. There is a $40 application fee, which may be waived with attendance at certain events.
If you are already studying in the U.S. and will be transferring to FPU, please fill out the Transfer Form with your international advisor.
- Request official high school transcripts and send your transcripts via express mail to Fresno Pacific University. Please send your transcripts which include your secondary courses with marks/grades and proof of graduation including exit exams in English and native language and official transcripts in English from post-secondary schools (colleges, universities, etc.) if attended. (Some transfer credit may be available when evaluated. Please see our transcript evaluation information since college and university transcript evaluation is required.)
- Take TOEFL in your country. See locations and dates on www.ets.org. Be sure to use our school code: 4616 to have your results sent here. You may also register to take it upon arrival to FPU. Note: Students who fail to take TOEFL on campus or do not pass at least two sections of TOEFL, will be required to take English language courses in the Intensive English Language Program for credit in their first semester. If you choose to take the institutional TOEFL at FPU, please register here.
- Submit financial documentation by email:
- Letter of Sponsorship (if the person paying for your education is from your country or if it is yourself) OR Affidavit of Support (if the person paying for your education is from the United States)
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies; should reflect last two months)
- Note: These forms are required to obtain an I-20 and can be filled out by the person paying for your education. Please keep the originals for your visa interview and send us copies via email or fax.
- Complete a letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic source such as a teacher or counselor. The recommendation may be completed online or you may download a form.
- Submit a copy of your passport (the page containing your photo) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional:Take the SAT or ACT if transferring under 24 units. Be sure to use FPU's school code to have your results sent here:
- SAT code: 4616
- ACT code: 0357
- Once you have been notified of your acceptance to Fresno Pacific University, please request to receive your admission documents via express mailing.
All application materials should be submitted online or mailed to:
- International Admissions Office
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Ave., #2003
Fresno, CA 93702